Varicose & Spider Veins
Varicose Veins & Spider Veins
Varicose veins are swollen, large and raised blood vessels that have become twisted, bulging and widened. They are usually found in the legs and ankles. Spider veins are smaller, blue, red and purple blood vessels that have also become twisted, bulging and widened.
Both are extremely common among aged people and while they aren’t usually serious, they can often lead to other health problems. At
Serenity Med Spa & Wellness Centre, we offer a variety of treatments to help eliminate varicose and spider veins for good.
What We Offer?
- Lasers and Intense Pulsed Light: Intense pulsed light or surface laser treatments use heat energy to selectively destroy or damage abnormal veins. Although there are no sclerosing solutions or needles involved, minor discomfort is common.
- Support Stockings: Wearing a properly-fitted support hose is the most conservative approach for the treatment of varicose and spider veins. They are particularly useful when the veins cause uncomfortable or painful symptoms.
- Radio Frequency Occlusion: A small catheter into the vein delivers radio frequency energy causing the vein wall to heat, collapse, and ultimately, seal shut. The treatment is often done under local anesthesia.
- Lifestyle Changes: Simple changes in your lifestyle, such as weight loss (if needed), regular walks and good skin hygiene can help considerably in the treatment of varicose and spider veins.
- Endovenous Laser Treatment: In this treatment, a small laser fiber delivers pulses of laser light inside the vein, causing it to collapse. This treatment is also done under local anesthesia.
- Sclerotherapy: Perhaps the oldest treatment around, Sclerotherapy utilizes a salt solution, or a specially made detergent, and injects it into the vein causing it to disappear over the course of the next few weeks.
- Surgery: Ligation, stripping and ambulatory phlebectomy are some surgical techniques used for the treatment of varicose and spider veins.